Note that your heart rate monitor must fulfill the Bluetooth Smart HRM standard. Most chest straps do this, but many wrist worn sensors (such as a FitBit or Apple Watch) do NOT have this support.
To pair your Bluetooth Smart device with BitGym:
- Launch BitGym
- Select a tour, tap Next
- In the machine select panel, at the bottom, it should say "Connect Heart Rate Monitor" - tap this button.
- Scanning for nearby heart rate monitors will start.
- Most heart rate monitors will only be discoverable while they are turned on and being worn. Many do not have an explicit on/off switch, and instead automatically turn themselves on when worn on the body. So, now is the right time to put on your monitor if it's not on yet.
- In just a few seconds, you should see the monitor appear as a connectable option on the left side of the screen. Simply tap it to initialize a connection
- If you do not see it come up, it might be that it is already paired with another application in the background. Bluetooth Smart devices can only pair with one app at a time, and you may need to the launch the other up and explicitly unpair first.
BitGym will "remember" the last heart rate monitor you used with it. If you wear the monitor and launch BitGym, it should automatically discover and connect to that monitor for future workout sessions.
This is a new feature and we expect there might be some issues. We haven't been able to test every heart rate monitor out there. Please don't hesitate to tap "Contact Support" and let us if you have trouble or suggestions.